Whether you are starting a business or already operating one, an accountant can help play a critical role in your business planning and development. At first glance, many people assume that a CPA is good for bookkeeping and year-end taxes. While that is true, there are advantages to choosing a CPA firm that has experience with businesses like your own.
According to www.SBA.gov, choosing a “a trusted accountant can provide other benefits” outside of just taxes. They elaborate by explaining that a trusted accountant can:
- “Act as a Trusted Advisor – More than just a tax preparer, an accountant can become a trusted advisor to your small business, helping you manage cash flow, plan for growth, assess risk, and keep your books in order.
- Help Balance Business and Personal Needs – Many small businesses, particularly sole proprietors and startups, find that their business and personal finances are closely linked. A good accountant can help you make sound judgments beneficial to both.”
If you are a small business, wouldn’t it make sense to choose a CPA firm that has experience with small business and has seen how multiple small businesses can operate (either efficiently or inefficiently)? What about for start-up companies? Choosing a CPA firm that specializes in start-up companies would make the most sense.
When starting and building a company, there are many questions you will have as a business owner:
- What type of entity should I incorporate as?
- What can I do to avoid higher taxes?
- What are some common mistakes for start-up companies in my industry?
- Where should I go to find funding?
- Who should I seek out as advisers?
You can choose a CPA firm that specializes in taxes; or you can choose an accountant that works with you to help grow your company and make sound business decisions based on experiential expertise. If you are going to pay for a service, shouldn’t it benefit your business in more ways than one?
For more information on the benefits of having a trusted accountant working with your business, please visit us at www.mokercpa.com.